Unity augmented reality developer
Do you want to be
a part of the future?
Do you like real challenges? Do you want to be a part of something big? Do you want to make a real impact? Do you like high-tech, cutting edge technologies? Do you like solving real problems every day? Then this might be for you!
You have seen all those cool augmented reality videos. You believe AR can change how people work and live. You’ve drooled over HoloLens and Magic Leap, maybe you’ve even created some AR apps yourself. You have analysed every frame of Iron Man’s holograms and Ready Player One.
Like you, we just can’t wait for the future to get here. We believe that the best way to live in the future is to invent it ourselves. And we do that by helping airplane engineers with their job.
We are AerinX. A highly innovative, fast-growing startup. We are on an exciting journey, revolutionizing the way aircraft skin inspections are carried out. We are building the future of aircraft maintenance. We are determined to make aircraft inspections much faster, more efficient, and streamlined, in order to make aviation safer.
We are building a smart aircraft inspection system that uses Augmented Reality with mixed reality head-mounted smartglasses, currently HoloLens 2. Yes, it is truly hot stuff!
You and your role
We’re looking for an Unity developer to join our team. Your job will be to create the awesome Unity apps that connect to our backend systems, show information to the user, overlaid on top of the airplane itself. You will work on conceptualizing and implementing novel, 3D user interfaces, like the world has never seen outside of movies – but your work will aid real life aircraft engineers with their actual job, where the safety of air travel is at stake. You will work with the most recent technologies: AR (MR) headsets from Microsoft, Magic Leap, and others. You will be a frequent visitor at airplane hangars to talk to mechanics and test your app with real commercial passenger planes.
You will help solve difficult challenges, involving large scale positional tracking, computer vision and others. You will not only have development tasks, but will also be a valuable member of the research team, from concept through implementation. As we grow, you will grow with us.
You should have
- At least 2 years of professional Unity development experience
- Deep knowledge of creating low-poly, performance-optimized solutions
- Clean architectural thinking
- Experience in connecting to backend systems
- Up-to-date knowledge of Unity and C# and your chosen development tool
- Experience with source control (Git, etc.)
- A good understanding of trigonometry, especially when it comes to inventing algorithms and implementing them in Unity
- The ability to learn quickly and think outside the box
- A technical mindset with great attention to detail
- High work standards and precision
- An ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Structured thinking, proactive attitude, excellent problem-solving skills
- Cooperative, team-player attitude
It’d also be nice if…
- You had experience with connecting Unity to REST services
- You had experience creating your own shaders
- You had already created VR apps or games with Unity
- You had experience developing for HoloLens, Magic Leap or similar devices
- You had experience with unit testing
- You had worked on enterprise applications
- Good knowledge of English, both written and oral
We provide you with
- A long-term opportunity and a key role in an ambitious, growing company
- Open-ended employee or contractor construction
- Professional and personal growth
- Passion, positive energy and excitement
- Job variety, diverse work schedule
- The best cutting-edge tools and techniques to deliver amazing results
- Unique experience to help build something big and be part of its growth
- Working closely with customers and testing in hangar environment (Budapest Airport)
- Opportunity to travel around the world and work several weeks in the US or other countries
This sounds like your next challenge? Join us and be part of AerinX’s journey into the future. Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We’re looking forward to connecting with you soon.